Saturday, February 7, 2009

Let's get started...

So what are my favorite parts of life?

I'd say any time that lets me know that I'm here with a purpose, that shows me that I'm loved and that there's plenty of love to go around. Any time that I get closer to someone, or figure out something new, or meet someone new, or try something new -- those times are good, too. So are the times when I sit back and enjoy the old -- the past for what it was and what it has made me. I enjoy the things happening now, that are making for me a future that I can't even imagine.

I enjoy the process, the journey, the fullness that is life -- exploring it, attempting to understand it, and letting it shape me. I enjoy being inundated in something bigger and better than me. I enjoy watching everything fit right into One, just like He said it all would.

I enjoy life because I enjoy God, and God is life.

This blog is a tribute of praise to my Father who makes everything what it is and will be, and who promises that it's all totally worth it. Whatever He decides to show me, I'll put here. I'll be in His Word, and His Word will speak to me and through me in whatever way He decides to let it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to see where this conversation goes. I'll open up with a prayer.

Lord, I can do nothing of worth without You. All goodness flows from You, and without Your blessing my words are nothing but noise. I don't want human wisdom; I want Your Word, here in me, living itself out as You see fit. I just want to know You better, because You're my Hero and Love and King. Let my blog bring You glory, and keep my pride in check. This is for You. It's not much compared to Your ultimate Sacrifice for me -- Your Son, Jesus Christ, taking my sin and washing me clean with His own blood -- but I'll give You what I can. Thank You for listening and blessing me with this opportunity to live for You.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I love your love of the processes combined that we know as life. God works through the process and we get to wake up every day knowing that He is going to keep leading us on gradually and fully faithfully. Sometimes it is what really gets me up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete